Magruderville is a well-maintained private trail system south of Rolla, MO that is open to singletrack enthusiasts three days a week, weather permitting. The trail surface is an interesting mix of sandy soil, rocks, and moss. It is known to dry very quickly after storms and it can be a great ride/hike in the winter months. There is no preferred direction, so try it both directions to see what you like best! Near the northwestern corner of the property there is an area known as The Sinkhole with some progressive lines built. Otherwise the trail is arranged in a continuous 8.5-mile loop with no stacked loops but plenty of bailout options on logging roads. Old bicycles leaning on trees mark the route, and smaller ride-on toys point the way to bailout routes.
NOTE: Open every Wednesday 4-9pm and Sat/Sun 12-9pm. Please do not ride at other times or when trails are muddy. For the most up to date trail conditions or to schedule a ride outside normal hours, visit https://www.facebook.com/TomsTrails/
Pack it in, pack it out. Owner may or may not be home. There is parking for about ten vehicles. Availability of water is seasonal. No public restrooms. Nearest gas and food is in Edgar Springs roughly 4 miles away. Camping is OK on Mark Twain land or on premises but no promises that the dogs won't bark. Camping is also available at Lane Springs Rec Area which is about halfway between Rolla and Magruderville on HWY 63.
From Rolla: Take HWY 63 South for about 16 miles to CR6050. Left on 6050 for about a mile then left on CR6040 for about a half mile. Right at the first mailbox on FR1700. Follow FR1700 for about a mile until it drops down a steep hill to the Farmhouse and park anywhere that looks good. Low clearance vehicles are OK to park right off CR6040 and ride down FR1700 on bikes.
For the most up to date trail conditions or to schedule a ride outside normal hours, visit https://www.facebook.com/TomsTrails/
• Please sign the logbook/waiver on the front door of the house.
• There is no fee to ride or hike.
• Open every Wednesday 4-9pm and Sat/Sun 12-9pm. Please do not ride at other times or when trails are muddy.
• No Helmet, No riding. Wear it.
• Night riding is allowed.
• Pack it in, Pack it out.
• Water is not always available on-site so bring plenty.
• Hikers and trail runners are welcome during regular hours.
• Driveway is a US Forest Road. Just follow it to the end.
• Trails are marked with old bicycles pointing the way to go.
• Ride-on toys mark bailout routes.