Volunteer hours are VERY important to us. GORC tracks these volunteer hours and if you don't report them, they won't be counted in our annual reports. This information is used to present land managers and agencies our "track record" for building and maintaining sustainable singletrack.
Please Note: At every official trail building event GORC automatically tracks your hours when you sign in onsite. You must be logged in view the form, otherwise please register for a free GORC website account.
Trail Maintenance Log Guidelines
- Please use proper capitalization: Ignoring this will create formatting issues for your user account.
- Examples of trail maintenance (but not limited to): clearing debris, repairing tread, closing rogue lines, removing small trees/limbs, or clearing drainages or deberming tread.
- Drive time to and from the trailhead counts as volunteer time.
- Your volunteer time doesn't have to occur on our official trail building days. Clearing debris, etc. on a typical ride counts as time. List your time (in minutes) in 5 minute increments.
- Describe what work you peformed. For example, "I removed storm debris from the DeClue trail at Greensfelder. It was on the section that goes near the rollercoasters. There's one large tree that will need to be sawed, however. "
- For Location please enter the Park Name (see trail drop-down list). For Subject, please enter the Park Name after the subject.
- Do not enter anyone else's name if you are logged in as the system will credit the time to you and not the person you entered.
- Remember, if you don't send in your volunteer hours, it never happened!!!
- You must be logged in view the form, otherwise please register for a free GORC website account.