The spring 2016 trail building season is upon us and GORC wants to reward those who put in their time helping to build and maintain our region's singletrack. GORC and Bike Surgeon have teamed up to offer a cool prize, an Origin8 Crawler fat bike valued at $1,475.00. The 2015 Spring raffle was such a success driving new membership and getting volunteers out to the trail builds that Bike Surgeon and GORC have teamed up again! You could win a great bike simply by being a current, paid GORC member and attend at least one of our social or trail building events!
How To Earn An Entry / Raffle Details
- The Build Skinny, Ride Fat raffle is tied to the GORC 2016 spring trail building schedule. Raffle starts February 2nd Monthly Social and ends after the Matson Hill trail build May 14th, 2016. Raffle party date to be announced!
- To Earn a raffle entry you must be a current paid member either at the individual, family or lifetime level AND attend any spring 2016 trail building event or Monthly Social.
- You must sign our attendance sheet at each event you attend to receive an entry.
- Trail Building Event = 2 entries, monthly social = 1 entry.
- For each event you attend you will receive an entry.
- Bike Surgeon in Shiloh, Illinois is donating this amazing raffle prize.
- Winner will be announced at a raffle party being held at Bike Surgeon. Date to be determined!
- The Origin8 Crawler fat bike, a medium 17.5", retails at the value of $1,475.00 and is not redeemable as cash or credit.
- The bike will be registered as new, and comes with all warrantees and service package from Bike Surgeon.
- A lucky winner will also be drawn to receive free admission to the 2016 Southern Fat Tire Festival!!!!!!
2016 Origin8 Crawler
Breaking onto the fat-tire scene is the all-new Origin-8 Crawler! In a sharp move from traditional, we've used a state-of-the-art NuVinci N360 gearless CVP drivetrain to provide smooth, seamless shifting and no external gear maintenance. A wide 360% ratio range ensures you're always in the right ratio within its range. We've given you a stunning hydroformed alloy frame with massive 26"x 4" Origin-8 Devist-8er tires and powerful Avid BB7 mechanical disc brakes with large 180mm rotors front and rear. Our new horizontal drop-out design will allow for different drivetrain setups. If you've never ridden something as cool as this, try one for yourself. Just be ready to fall in love with the fat tire.
• 6061 custom hydroformed alloy frame (disc only)
• Horizontal dropout for single speed or derailleur setup
• 4130 chromoly, 1-1/8" threadless fork with upper & lower rack mounts (disc only)
• NuVinci N360 internal gearless drivetrain
• Origin-8 AT-PRO 80mm wide singlewall alloy rims
• Origin-8 Devist8er 26 x 4.0" tires
• Avid BB7 Mountain mechanical disc brakes with 180mm rotors
• Available in 15.5", 17.5", 19.5" and 21.5" frame size
Frame - 6061 custom hydroformed alloy (horizontal dropout for single speed or derailleur setup)
Fork - 4130 chromoly, 1-1/8" threadless, (upper & lower rack mounts)
Headset - Aheadset, steel, 5/32" ball bearings, 28.6 x 44 x 30mm
Handlebar - Origin-8, alloy, 680mm wide x 40mm rise x 31.8mm bar bore (9 deg. back sweep)
Stem - Origin-8, alloy, 100mm Ext, +/- 6 deg. rise, 31.8mm hb clamp, 4-bolt face plate
Grips - Origin-8 lock on, L-135mm / R-92mm
Brake Lever - Avid Speed Dial 7
Front Brake - Avid BB-7 Mountain mechanical with G2 Cleansweep rotor (6 bolt - 180mm)
Rear Brake - Avid BB-7 Mountain mechanical with G2 Cleansweep rotor (6 bolt - 180mm)
Rear Shifter - NuVinci CruiseController shifter
Sprocket - Nuvinci 18T x 1/2" x 3/32" (chrome plated)
Seat Clamp - Alloy, 31.8mm I.D., With Bolt, Black
Seat Post - Origin-8, Alloy w/integrated 2 bolt clamp, 27.2 x 400mm
Saddle - Origin-8, Chromoly rails, One-piece custom 2 tone cover
Crank Set - Origin-8 AT PRO ISIS DRIVE, alloy, 170mm
Bottom Bracket - FSA Platinum DH, ISIS Drive, 100 x 148mm
Chain - KMC with Rust Buster coating, 1/2' x 3/32'
Pedals - Pedals not included
Front Hub - Origin-8, Alloy sealed cartridge, 32h, 135mm O.L.D., 6 bolt disc compatible, QR
Rear Hub - NuVinci N360, 32h, 135mm O.L.D., 6 bolt disc compatible, bolt on
Rim Front - Origin-8 AT-PRO 80, 32h, single wall alloy, 80mm wide
Rim Rear - Origin-8 AT-PRO 80, 32h, single wall alloy, 80mm wide
Front Wheel - Origin-8, 26' x 80mm x 32h x 14g, alloy for mtb with Q/R axle
Rear Wheel - NuVinci N360, 26' x 80mm x 32h x 14g, alloy for mtb with bolt on axle, 15mm offset
Rear Wheel - NuVinci N360, 26' x 80mm x 32h x 14g, alloy for mtb with bolt on axle
Spokes - 14G stainless steel with brass nipples, black
Tires - Origin-8 Devist-8er, 26 x 4.0", folding bead
Tubes - 26 x 4.0", Butyl rubber (32mm presta valve)
Weight - 42 Lbs.
Weight Limit - 250 Lbs.
Specifications subject to change without notice.