Festival - 14th Annual Southern Illinois Fat Tire Fest
Presented by: Bike Surgeon October 12-14, 2018, Camp Ondessonk, Ozark, Illinois
--Reprinted from the Festival website located at: https://www.ftf.bike
Southern Illinois Fat Tire Festival (FTF) is back for the 14th year in a row! Again sponsored by Bike Surgeon, New Belgium Brewing, Red Bull and Camp Ondessonk, the event will happen October 12-14, 2018. As always we will have miles and miles of great riding, the best food in all of Ozark, IL, a plethora of free beverages, and mountains of schwag and prizes to give away. We are also continuing the CampO traditions started a few years back; live music, climbing wall, vendor expo, bike demo’s, hikes, zip lines and the totally rustic CampO cabins. The Fat Tire Challenge will go down on Friday night, and is sure to include the Huffy Toss, Keg Pull and who knows what else; loads of FUN for sure with the party being led from the RedBull Fire Truck. Saturday will be full of riding, adventure, and tons of other fun including an awesome LIVE Ivas John Band concert in the CampO Grotto that night. Sunday morning will kick off the O’Face Adventure Race just after breakfast. An awesome way to cap off the weekend; every FTF participant gets a free entry into this FUN, challenging and exciting adventure race held on the CampO grounds.
Camp Ondessonk, in the heart of the Shawnee National Forrest, will once again play host to the Fat Tire Fest. Fall colors will be in full swing in the Shawnee and the weather that time of year is perfect for riding in the woods. We will again have the rustic one star luxury of the CampO tree houses for our overnight accommodations. These kick ass tree houses give you the outdoor experience without the hassles of packing all your camping gear. Think open air sleeping with a roof over your head, no doors or screens to interrupt your enjoyment of all things outdoors. A sleeping bag, some clothes, your bike and riding gear are all you need to bring. If you still want to drag along the tent and sleep on the ground we can accommodate you too, and this year there are a very limited number of RV sites for self-supported rigs, just hit us up on email to get the details and/or reserve a spot for your RV.
Each FTF registrant receives:
- Lodging for Friday and Saturday nights
- Exclusive access to the CampO trail network with over 35 miles of trail right out your treehouses front door
- ALL meals for the weekend (7 total meals), Starting with lunch on Friday and ending with lunch on Sunday, Great food too, hot breakfasts and kick-butt BBQ on Saturday night and Sunday afternoon, over 1,700lbs of meat were served in 2017!
- FREE drinks from New Belgium (for those of age, drink till you are no longer thirsty kind of free drinks), RedBull, Ski and other Excel Bottling sodas
- Friday and Saturday, will both include multiple guided trail rides ranging from the tame to the extreme
- A super sweet FTF 18 commemorative tee shirt
- Zip Lining, Rock Climbing, Boating, Hiking, Trail Runs, and tons of other CampO fun all included FREE!
- The opportunity to ride top of the line Specialized demo bikes
- A vendor expo put on by our top brands
- Each participant will have multiple chances to win thousands of dollars in giveaways, over $15,000 in giveaways in 2017!
- Entry into the O’Face Adventure Race, a super FUN adventure race for everyone on Sunday morning.
- ALL of the mountain biking and fun you can cram into 3 days!
- The FTF includes riding options for ALL SKILL LEVELS, from the gnarliest mountain biking anywhere with slick rock and creek crossings to gently rolling fire roads; you’ll have a great weekend of riding and FUN no matter your skill level.
Ozark, IL 62972